Flourless, gluten-free, oil-free, high-protein and vegan, these 1-ingredient tortilla wraps are healthy and super easy to make! The secret ingredient? Red split lentils! The resulting wraps are soft and pliable and taste great with any toppings your heart desires!
Prep Time 15 mins
Cooking Time 5 mins
- Rinse lentils well then drain.
- Add drained lentils and the rest of the ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend for 1-2 minutes until a very smooth batter forms.
- Let batter sit for 10 minutes, then blend again for 1 minute.
- Heat up a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add a ladleful of batter to the center of the skillet and spread it out into a circle with the back of a spoon. Cook for 1 minute on each side. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Repeat for the rest of the batter.
- These lentil tortilla wraps have a pleasant bean-y taste but can be quite bland. While not necessary for the base recipe, I recommend adding the salt and garlic powder (or whatever seasoning you like) to the batter for better flavor!
- You can use these as a substitute for regular tortilla wraps for any uses.
- I used these tortilla wraps to make a veggie wrap with salad greens, carrot, tomato, avocado, crumbled feta and hot sauce. But feel free to use any fillings you like.