If you’ve never tried turmeric latte, AKA golden milk, you have to give this easy 5 minute recipe a go! It tastes similar to a chai latte, and is made with a blend of warming spices you probably already have in your pantry, with lots of health benefits such as anti-inflammation. It's best served hot but feel free to have it iced on a warmer day!
Prep Time 1 min
Cooking Time 5 mins
- Put all the ingredients in a saucepan. Cook over low heat, whisking constantly with a milk frother.
- Once mixture starts simmering, remove from heat and pour into a mug. Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and enjoy immediately.
- I like coconut / almond / low-fat dairy milk for this but any milk will work.
- Black pepper increases the bioavailability (absorption by the body) of turmeric, so don’t skip it!
- Feel free to substitute honey with any other sweetener of choice.
- Using a milk frother will give the best foamy consistency, but if you don’t have one, a whisk will do!
- Turmeric stains easily so be sure to clean up any spills on porous surfaces immediately!