Delicious, creamy, naturally sweet chocolate banana popsicles that are good for you! Plus, it's so easy to make in large batches, these will become a staple in your freezer. Perfect for those warm summer days.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time -
- Peel bananas and cut them into half, then poke a popsicle stick into each of them lengthwise until only a few inches of the stick is still sticking out of the banana.
- Put the bananas on parchment paper and freeze for 3 hours or overnight.
- Right before you take the bananas out from the freezer, melt dark chocolate using a double boiler over slightly simmering water, stir until it's fully melted and smooth.
- Transfer melted chocolate in a tall glass. Then dip the frozen banana in melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle some of your favourite toppings, or nut butter.
- Place it on the parchment paper again and freeze for another 30 mins until chocolate sets.
- Enjoy immediately or store in freezer for up to a week!
- I used sugar-free dark chocolate that's sweetened by stevia and inulin. You can use your favourite dark chocolate brands.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of coconut oil if you want a smoother texture.
- If you prefer softer and creamier popsicles, allow bananas to ripen a little more before freezing.
- Do not use over-ripe bananas as they will not be able to hold their shape well.
- If you don't have popsicle sticks you can use chopsticks or similar alternatives.
- I did not include quantities for toppings so that you can decide however much (or little) you want to use. Get creative!