This low carb noodle salad is loaded with grilled chicken, shirataki noodles, shredded lettuce and carrot, and a scrumptious peanut satay sauce! This recipe is super versatile - not a fan of chicken? Simply sub it with any other protein such as tofu or shrimps!
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 220°C / 425°F.
- In a small bowl, add all the seasonings and mix until combined.
- Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound chicken breast to 0.8-inch thickness to ensure even cooking.
- Drizzle olive oil on chicken and rub seasoning all over until evenly coated.
- Bake chicken for 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature reads 75°C / 165°F on an instant-read thermometer. For the last 2-3 minutes of baking, change the oven setting to grill for a golden brown finish on the chicken.
- Remove chicken from oven. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Prepare shirataki noodles
- Drain the noodles, then rinse in a large sieve under tap water for a few minutes. Drain again.
- Pan fry the noodles without any oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat for a few minutes. This is to remove as much water as possible to enhance the texture of noodles. Keep turning the noodles with tongs and take care not to let them dry out too much. Now the noodles are ready.
Make sauce and assemble
- In a bowl, add all ingredients for the sauce and mix until combined.
- Finely slice lettuce and julienne carrot.
- Divide lettuce, carrot and shirataki noodles into 2 portions and transfer to servings bowls. Top with sliced chicken, satay sauce and crushed peanuts. Enjoy!
- Shirataki noodles are very low in calories and carbs and have low GI, but have no nutrients, so make sure to pair it with other nutrient-dense ingredients like fresh veggies, some proteins and healthy fats.
- Shirataki noodles can cause stomach upset and indigestion for some people so eat in small portions to begin with and enjoy in moderation.
- Feel free to substitute chicken with any other protein of choice eg. tofu, shrimps, pork.
- Feel free to add or substitute any other vegetables you like for the salad in addition to the lettuce and carrots!