Nourish your body and soul with this delicious and nutritious bowl of miso salmon, brown rice, kale, carrot and edamame in a mouth-watering Japanese sesame dressing. It’s perfect for meal prep too!
Prep Time 20 mins
Cooking Time -
- Remove stem from the kale and chop the leaves.
- Shred carrot or cut into matchsticks with a knife.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients for the sesame dressing and whisk to combine.
- Add chopped kale, carrot and edamame and toss to combine. Cover and let salad sit for about 20 minutes until the kale is slightly wilted. If it's warm where you are, place the salad in the fridge.
- To serve, divide brown rice and salad between two serving bowls. Top each with a miso salmon fillet, fried shallots and sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- It’s important to let the salad sit for a bit in order for the kale to soften up. Alternatively, you can tenderize the chopped kale by massaging it with a pinch of salt and a light drizzle of olive oil for 2-3 minutes before tossing with the rest of the salad ingredients.
- Don't throw away the kale stems! You can chop them up and use them in soups and stews to avoid wastage. You can also blend them in smoothies or even pestos too!
- Feel free to omit or substitute any of the vegetables with your favorite salad greens instead.
- Feel free to substitute monkfruit erythritol sweetener with any other sweetener of choice.