This super flavorful one-pot Creole jambalaya is packed with shrimps, tons of veggies and brown basmati rice. Delicious, nourishing and easy to make. The ultimate comfort food!
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 30 mins
- Dice onion, celery and bell pepper. Finely mince garlic.
- Heat up oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic, spices, rice, tinned tomato and stock/water and stir until combined. Reduce heat to low, then cover and let simmer for 20-25 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary, then stir in shrimps. Cover and let simmer until shrimps are cooked through.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Feel free to substitute prawns with other proteins. Traditionally, andouille sausage (a Louisanna smoked sausage) and chicken are also used for this dish.
- Feel free to adjust the amount of cayenne pepper according your spice tolerance.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight continuer in the fridge for 3-4 days.