A bright and colorful salad bowl loaded with falafels, red cabbage, carrot, bell pepper and leafy greens, dressed in a delicious and healthy plant-based Caesar dressing. This dish makes a quick and easy lunch or dinner and is meal prep friendly!
Prep Time 10 mins
Cooking Time 5 mins
- Preheat your oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- Arrange falafels on a baking tray and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Bake for 5 minutes or until falafels are heated through then remove from oven.
- Thinly slice avocado and cabbage, and julienne bell pepper and carrot.
- This is an optional step if you want to make an avocado rose: carefully fan out the thinly sliced avocado and roll it to form a rose.
- Assemble your salad bowl by arranging all the ingredients neatly in each serving bowl. Drizzle dressing over it and top silvered almonds. Toss to combine and enjoy!
- If using store-bought falafels, choose a brand that is lower in fat, or one that is baked, not fried, and has a wholesome ingredient list.
- If preparing this salad for meal prep, pack the salad ingredients, the dressing, and the chopped almonds separately.
- Feel free to add or replace any of the vegetables with something else of the same color! Don’t like yellow bell pepper? Substitute with corn kernels or yellow cherry tomatoes instead. Not a fan of red cabbage? Try beetroot or red onion.
- I used mixed salad greens for this but any leafy greens (eg. baby spinach, baby kale, mizuna, mesclun) will do!