Delicious shrimp and scallop pasta mixed with zucchini noodles to get your fiber intake in. This recipe is light & tasty, and you can always use gluten free pasta or replaced it with zoodles completely
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 20 mins
Prep shrimp & shrimp broth
- Bring water to boil in a deep pot, then add shrimp into the pot. Make sure shrimp have been thawed.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes depending on the size of your shrimp.
- Prepare ice water bath for your shrimp.
- Once shrimp is cooked, scoop the shrimp out of the pot and submerge into the ice water bath to stop the cooking. Do not throw away the broth.
- Then take the shrimp out from ice bath and let it rest on the side.
- Reserve some shrimp broth (about 100g) on the side for cooking later. Use the remaining water in the pot to cook your pasta.
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions.
Cooking the rest of the ingredients
- Add some oil to a large pan and bring it to medium heat. Add garlic and scallops, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and shrimp broth and cook it for 3 minutes. The sauce should be slightly thickened.
- Add zucchini noodles, then shortly after add cooked pasta to the pan. Add salt and the shrimp and mix well.
- Serve with some extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and parsley.
- You can choose to omit the shrimp broth step and go straight to cooking pasta and use unshelled shrimp. Cook the unshelled shrimp with scallops with some oil.
- You can swap regular pasta with gluten free pasta, or you can choose to have zoodles only.
- You can use a spiralizer to make your own zucchini noodles or buy zoodles from your local grocery store.
- Other seafood such as mussels and calamari are amazing in this dish. You can add more scallops if you wish to. Scallops help to create sauce with thicker consistency.