A vegan alternative to scrambled eggs! Serve on toast or with some grilled tomatoes, sautéed potatoes and mushrooms for a heartier big breakfast.
Prep Time 5 mins
Cooking Time 10 mins
- Break up tofu with your hands into medium bite-sized crumbs.
- Heat up a little bit of oil in a skillet and add in tofu, nutritional yeast and turmeric and mix well.
- Cook for 30 seconds then add water and tahini to pan. Let mixture simmer for 6-8 minutes. Stop cooking when the mixture thickens up to the consistency of your liking.
- Season with salt, pepper and black salt (if using) to taste.
- Serve immediately with toast.
- Black salt gives this tofu scramble an eggy flavor. You can omit it if you want.
- Tahini adds creaminess to this tofu scramble. You can substitute with cashew butter or any vegan butter.
- You can add other seasonings you like eg. garlic powder, paprika, chilli
- Serve tofu scramble with any sides you like! Some ideas are: sautéed spinach, mushrooms, potatoes, hash brown, vegan sausages.